Senior Management Accountant | FMCG | ASX
$110,000.00 - $120,000.00 / annum
1 September 2019
Finance and accounting
Our client is a well-known business within the fast moving consumer goods industry. The company has been present in the Australian market for over 100 years. Their products are consistently regarded as the highest quality in the industry and this position is a key finance role that aims to support the business in improving their internal controls and maintaining their market position
This is a well-established role targeted at a focused and driven Senior Financial Accountant who has a desire to build on their core accounting skills and develop further commercial acumen.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant will play a lead role within this listed organisation largest business unit. You will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and ensuring the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the organisation's reporting. Draw on your hardworking experience to implement continuous improvement in internal controls and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Leading the annual statutory reporting process and working with the external auditors to prepare year-end accounts and meet compliance requirements.
- Responsibility of delivering compliant financial, tax and treasury reporting
- Providing appropriate advice and assistance around the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Driving Finance Projects and ensuring these are led to completion with effective communication during the process.
- Providing cash flow and investment portfolio advice to Finance.
- Seeking continuous improvement of financial accounting processes.
- Keeping up to date with applicable accounting standards and relevant legislation.
You have developed an ambitious track record to date and now you are ready to extend your skill set and take your career to the next level. You have a growth mindset and the ability to identify innovations and improvement. Your knowledge of compliance requirements is outstanding, and you combine this with impressive technical skills to ensure prompt, accurate reporting and outstanding financial management in a high stake's environment.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field
- Outstanding experience spanning 5+ years in an accounting role in a commercial environment
- Big 4 Audit experience is desirable
- Ability to work with stakeholders from finance and non-finance backgrounds
- Experience working with SAP is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of tax, treasury and financial reporting requirements a listed organisation
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience and natural talent for leadership
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively, plan for and unfailingly meet reporting deadlines
What's on offer?
- An impressive opportunity to develop your skill set and experience.
- Participation in a diverse array of ongoing finance projects.
- A competitive salary package.
- Long-term career path on offer for the successful candidate.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631