Senior Financial Accountant - CBD - Mentor a team
$90000 - 100000 / annum
05 October 2017
Our client is a diversified international entertainment organization which runs a number of Melbourne's most loved attractions. Working for one of their venues in the CBD, you will be joining a tightly knit finance team who will be reporting to you. Accordingly, you should have experience in leading small teams or seek to move into such a position with your next role.
The organization has enjoyed continued growth since starting business and is in a position to continue to expand their offering and increase revenues. As such, this role will be all encompassing and you will be tasked with contributing to the full spectrum of the accounting function as well as liaising with operations team members and non-financial stakeholders. Communication, organization and planning will be key to this role.
* Performing financial analysis on various business lines, asset holdings and other revenue streams;
* Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports, including preparation of accruals, prepayments GL and Balance Sheet reconciliations for the various entities;
* Manage a small team of professional and transactional accounting staff;
* Assisting with the annual budgeting, capital planning and forecasting process;
* Working with the respective department heads to identify and analyse financial risks and opportunities including margin trends and revenue analysis;
* Assess drivers of P&L variances to plan, budget, market share & customer perception measures;
* Assist with the timely preparation of financial reports;
* Assist with process mapping and improvement projects where required;
* Assist with management of external audit function;
* Ad-hoc duties as required.
* CA/CPA qualification (or international equivalent) essential
* Desire or previous experience in mentoring and leading teams
* Previous experience with a Big 4/mid-tier accounting firm or a large, complex organisation
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to apply these pragmatically
* Proven ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement
* Proficient system skills - Excel, SAP, TM1, PowerPoint would be viewed favourably
If you believe you meet most of the above requirements and would love to work for one of Australia's best employers, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 96815LC
Job Reference No: 96815LC