Senior Financial Accountant - Boutique Asset Manager
$45 - 55 / hour
Our client is a boutique asset manager which has significantly grown in size since its creation 10 years ago. They attract investments from both high profile, as well as unsophisticated investors locally and from abroad. They have a proven track record of promoting from within and past alumni have subsequently gone on to high profile positions domestically and internationally. Put simply, an opportunity with this organization will establish the successful candidate on a path to success.
This is a unique opportunity where you will be working alongside the COO and CFO and have your first taste of providing strategic financial leadership, management and board reporting. Additionally, you will have input into the budget development process as well as continual monitoring of financial performance. As a motivated up and coming professional, you will be uniquely placed to ensure your future career success.
The Company actively promotes a healthy work life balance. Their offices offer stunning views of the CBD, whilst the building offers state of the art end of trip facilities. Additionally, the team regularly enjoys breakfasts and lunches on the house and various drinks functions are regular.
This is the sort of breakout opportunity which is high demand amongst candidates and will not last long. The client's need is immediate due to an imminent departure within the team and they are looking to start the successful candidate as soon as practicable. If you believe you tick most of the boxes, you are encouraged to make contact with us to discuss your profile in further detail.
* Preparation of month-end financial and board reports
* Consolidations, including reconciliation of balance sheet items
* Undertaking financial compliance reporting and providing acquittal statements to various authorities as required
* Preparation of financial statements under IFRS
* liaising with external auditors
* Assisting with the preparation and review of the company's cash flow forecasting and treasury function.
* Ensuring compliance with monthly and annual taxation requirements
* Various ad-hoc accounting duties including analysis and management accounting tasks, and special projects
* CA/CPA qualification (or international equivalent) is essential
* Previous experience with a Big 4/mid-tier accounting firm or a large, complex organisation
* Experience in working in Financial Services/Treasury function will be looked upon favourably
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to apply these pragmatically
* Proven ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement
If you believe you meet most of the above requirements and would love to work for one of Australia's best employers, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 65813LC.