Senior Data Analyst - Finance
$50 - 60 / hour
13 June 2019
Our client is a government body who is in the process of building a workforce to set up a business monitoring function to increase capability surrounding assurance, efficiency and data integrity. This project team is focused on the improvement of organisational efficiencies through various implementations and upgrades of processes and software applications.
The senior management team are looking to increase financial understanding and build automation around reporting whilst implementing processes surrounding dashboarding, ratio testing and trend analysis.
This role represents an excellent long-term opportunity to work with an organisation that is in an extremely exciting time and will offer continued professional development with a good work-life balance. This senior data analyst will require and focus on the following areas:
- Manipulation and analysis of very large datasets to highlight outliers and trends
- Providing audit and reviews of financial datasets across a broad range of business units
- Analysing the flow of data and the accuracy of migration from operational input level through to corporate
- Building capability in dashboarding, ratio tests, trends and anomalies
- Providing assurance over what data is being entered into financial systems
- Looking at business insights surrounding funding and making recommendations on opportunities for improvement
- Highlighting opportunities for automation through finance processes
- Implementing or upgrading new technologies surrounding finance and business intelligence systems
- Being hands on in data migration projects in both planning and delivery phases
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as you liaise and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Work closely with Finance, Business Leads and IT Operations in addition to a range of key stakeholders
- Team player with excellent organisational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional multi tasker
This position will offer stability and security through a long-term contract in the government sector allowing career development in an environment that is encouraging of work-life balance and flexibility.
You are an immediately available (or close to) Data Analyst with experience in manipulating large datasets. You will understand finance ledgers, have had exposure to business intelligence tools and be proven to think strategically through projects and business improvements. You will communicate with stakeholders across IT and the business whilst providing initiative and intuitive thinking surrounding business process improvement.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631