$750 - 850 / day
30 October 2018
IT and technology
Our client has developed a great reputation due to its continuous pursuit for innovation and what it gives back to its colleagues and community. Your groundbreaking ideas are needed to complete a talented team combining entrepreneurial spirit, real passion for technology and leadership in the security landscape.
In this highly visible role as Security Engineer your brilliant IT skills will be called on to develop and imbed effective security solutions. Not just a job, this role calls for your dedication to protect systems, networks and data. We need your extraordinary security analyses and attention to detail for vulnerability assessments. Your communication skills see you excel at presenting your insights and explaining innovative solutions to colleagues and business leaders.
The aim of this Security Engineer role is to scope, design, install and manage security mechanisms that protect networks and information systems against hackers, breaches, viruses and spyware.
Within this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Demonstratable experience integrating/implementing innovative security strategies and products.
- Outstanding knowledge of networking, network security products and security technologies.
- Proficient in TCP/IP networking, and CCIE (DC, RS or Security).
- Monitor day-to-day operations of the in-place security systems
- Identify, investigate, and resolve security breaches detected by those systems.
- Monitor software and hardware for any possible cyber-attacks.
- Configure security hardware and software such as firewalls, antivirus programs, and operating system updates.
- Creating and testing disaster recovery procedures to keep Systems running in the event of a security breach.
- Contribute to Security Policies and Procedures.
- Perform security audits on the network.
- Brilliant communication skills (written, spoken and listening).
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified and ideally have further security certifications (CCSP or CISSP). More generally, you will have experience of the following:
- Familiarity with intrusion detection and penetration software
- Security standards such as PCI, HIPAA, ISO and SOX
- Security information and management software
- Coding practices related to security and review of coding standards
Furthermore, experience in the some of the following would be highly desirable:
- Penetration testing
- Familiarity with OWASP Top 10 and ASVS
- Disaster Recovery
- Security Architecture and Design
- Security Governance
- Routers and switches and configuration of network hardware
- Configuration of firewalls across the network
- Web and http API applications, ideally .Net tech stack
- Managing and deploying to Cloud Systems (e.g. AWS, Azure).
You bring an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding to all thing's security. You're a collaborator who is eager to bring your brilliant technical know-how to a team of like-minded innovators. Your powerful creative flair lets you see possibilities and solutions where others don't, and your excellent communication skills allows you to articulate your innovative security concepts - even to those who don't have an IT background.
What's on offer?
- A fun and flexible work culture with a highly respected, growth-focused company.
- A brilliant role combining technical challenges and the scope to demonstrate your personal flair for innovation.
- The camaraderie of a highly talented and motivated team.
- Exciting opportunities to broaden your impressive skill set and enjoy exponential career possibilities.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631