$100000 - 120000 / annum
August 31, 2018
IT and technology
A leading network infrastructure provider with global coverage and a presence in the Melbourne CBD are looking for technically strong Security Engineer profiles.
The ultimate aim of this Security Engineer role is to scope, design, install and manage security mechanisms that protect networks and information systems against hackers, breaches, viruses and spyware.
Within this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitor day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions, and the identification, investigation, and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems.
- Monitor software and hardware for any possible cyber-attacks.
- Configure security hardware and software such as firewalls, antivirus programs, and operating system updates.
- Creating and testing disaster recovery procedures to keep Systems running in the event of a security breach.
- Contribute to Security Policies and Procedures.
- Perform security audits on the network.
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified and ideally have further security certifications (CCSP or CISSP). More generally, you will have experience of the following:
- Familiarity with intrusion detection and penetration software
- Security standards such as PCI, HIPAA, ISO and SOX
- Security information and management software
- Coding practices related to security and review of coding standards
Furthermore, experience in the some of the following would be highly desirable:
- Penetration testing
- Familiarity with OWASP Top 10 and ASVS
- Disaster Recovery
- Security Architecture and Design
- Security Governance
- Routers and switches and configuration of network hardware
- Configuration of firewalls across the network
- Web and http API applications, ideally .Net tech stack
- Managing and deploying to Cloud Systems (e.g. AWS, Azure).
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for the position please click on the Apply button today.