DevOps Engineer | Software Organisation | Eastern Suburbs
$130000 - 140000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
September 14, 2018
IT and technology
Robert Half are currently working with a global leader in Technology who are based in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs. As part of the company's road map for technical development, they are expanding across all areas of their I.T Department and they are looking to recruit an additional DevOps Engineer to join the team.
Due to the increase in growth felt by this organisation, a specific need for a DevOps Engineer with a background in a Microsoft environment has come about to work on the production and testing environment along with working closely with the Development team.
As a DevOps Engineer you will have the responsibility to provide administration, configuration and support for the tools and environment used in the development of the software..
Key responsibilities for the role are detailed below:
- Develop tools for building and administration of development and test machines
- Develop tools for building and administration of virtual environments, both local and cloud for development and test environments.
- Very Strong experience on AWS Cloud
- Day to day administration of existing software tools
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and licensing of all the above tools.
- Produce relevant documentation of procedures and designs
- Develop tools and scripts to enable the automation of processes
You will be a natural leader and have the ability to perform effective working in a small team as well as autonomously.
This is a hands on DevOps Engineer role, so it's essential the successful candidate has prior experience and qualifications in:
- Experience dealing with DevOps tools, such as OctopusDeploy, Puppet, Chef or Jenkins
- Experience with systems administration of Microsoft Technologies, including Windows OS, Hyper-V, Azure, SQL, IIS
- Strong experience on AWS
- Demonstrated scripting and automation experience; such as PowerShell, API integration
- In-depth understanding of at least two products in the Atlassian suite or similar developer tools
- System monitoring; using tools such as, New Relic, SNMP and proprietary
- A tertiary level IT qualification or demonstrable experience working in a DevOps role for 3+ years
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Understanding of system engineering principles
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Marc Shorten at our Melbourne office on (03) 9691 3661. Ref: 06810-0009987156MS
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne