$600.00 - $700.00 / day
29 May 2019
IT and technology
Robert Half is recruiting an experienced Engineer to provide specialist technical and broad strategic advice on infrastructure systems, including asset upgrades, integration, new technology and interfaces with other ICT systems. The focus of this role will be on rescoping and improving the Enterprise SCOM environment.
Reporting directly into the Head of Technology, you will carry the responsibility of overseeing and coordinating the overall server support with a strong focus on SCOM; and also provide high level designs and detailed designs for new initiatives relating to IT Infrastructure. In this collaborative environment, you'll be working with technology stakeholders, other engineering teams and external vendors to ensure the stability of the delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contributed to specific cost saving initiatives by improving the existing Servers Alive application alerts.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of SCOM processes and procedures.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Successfully identify all monitored system failures.
- Act as a liaison on strategic projects as assigned, as well as perform capacity management.
- Act as an escalation point for all major incidents.
- Liaise with external 3rd party vendors to assist in execution of project / operational activities.
- SCOM and Microsoft Enterprise Administration, monitoring the organization's entire Wintel environment.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of all monitoring solutions.
You will be an impressive Systems Engineer/ SCOM specialist with advanced knowledge of SCOM, with a strong background in Windows Systems administration across large enterprises. You will show very strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
In addition, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of technical details to improve the Enterprise SCOM tool.
- Experience with Cisco network equipment and advanced networking concepts.
- Extensive experience with technical solutions and technical support documentation.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Ability to collaborate with partners, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, develop workflow and processes for operation team, and automate processes.
- infrastructures, etc.
- Citrix Xenapp/XenServer/XenDesktop and Microsoft Terminal Services.
- Extensive scripting abilities in PowerShell.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631