Ruby Developer | 6 Month Contract | Immediate Start
$450.00 - $550.00 / day
16 July 2019
IT and technology
Robert Half Technology are working alongside a leading educational institute seeking a Mid-Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join a social, high performing development team based on the CBD fringe. This company received 61 million websites views last year and generates around $1 billion in economic activity.
Reporting into the Digital Manager, the Ruby on Rails developer will be required to work closely with the team's two other Ruby on Rails developers to;
- Better detect errors and bugs
- Identify the sources of bugs
- Write code to resolve bugs or improve robustness
- Conduct code reviews
- Look for ways to simplify, secure, and shrink our existing code base.
In order to be successful, you will have excellent communication skills and a hard-working nature. My marketing leading client is looking to bolster the team's capacity in back-end development to better support existing systems, web applications, and APIs.
- Excellent back-end development skills with Ruby on Rails.
- Testable, effective and communicative code.
- Solid experience with (1) unit tests and (2) end-to-end tests.
- Sound working knowledge of Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Ability to follow and suggest improvements to process.
- Working knowledge of application security practices and principles (e.g., OWASP Top 10).
- Experience with building on and deploying to cloud platforms (we use Heroku and AWS).
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with authentication systems
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on (03) 9691 3661.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631