Business Development Consultant
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / annum
28 June 2019
Internal careers at Robert Half
Our Finance & Accounting practice provides business solutions to a breadth of clients and has enjoyed an unrivalled reputation for excellent in their sector. With a focus on helping clients to grow, their success is driven by a variety of financial staffing and consultative solutions.
These solutions pertain to Accounting and Finance, Finance Optimisation, Business Systems and Business Process Improvements, Operations Management, Governance Risk Compliance and Taxation.
This is a position for ambitious entrepreneurial business development professionals looking for a career change to leverage their technical skills, ability to build rapport and to identify business challenges faced by C-Suite and Business Owners.
If you have strong desire to run your own consulting business with the support and tools of a large organisation that is invested in your success, this could be the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and growing a client base
- Marketing our services via telephone and in-person meetings with new and existing clients to expand the utilisation of our services
- Developing new business opportunities
- Working with your allocated Resource specialists to identify skilled consultants and present an appropriate selection of solutions to meet our client's needs
- Account management for existing clients
- Managing ongoing engagements to deliver outstanding customer service to both clients and consultants
- Managing the performance of consultants; and
- Participating in networking and industry trade associations to increase our presence within the local finance and accounting community
- Articulate, succinct, confident, credible and influential in person and by phone
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge in regard to business solutions pertaining to financial strategy, industry knowledge, business trends and talent solutions
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, and experienced in dealing with pressure, tight deadlines and meeting client expectations
- Strong desire to succeed, demonstrate determination and resilience when dealing with rejection
- An accounting related designation or a background in solution sales to a C-level client base
- 3+ years' experience working in a Big 4 or international public accounting/consulting environment or large corporate finance/accounting environment is preferred
- Business development experience is a plus
- Strongly motivated by achieving personal and business' financial goals
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit
- Goal oriented, metrics driven
- Enjoys driving brand recognition and being involved in the community; and
- Has full working rights in Australia (permanent resident)
If you are a self-confident, motivated Business Development professional with excellent communication skills and would like to learn more about this opportunity, please email you CV to Alex Minter, Head of Talent at [email protected] or click apply below.
Robert Half recently celebrated 70-years of success as the world's leading specialised staffing firm. We were once again named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies."
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631