Location : Melbourne CBD
Post Date : 12 April 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 845867PM
Job Classification : Project Consulting
As one of Australia's most respected and profitable manufacturing entities, this group of companies has operations across Australia and a presence internationally. They are long established, enjoy an unparalleled reputation and have fostered the stability and career opportunities which have rightly earned them a place as one of Melbourne's top employers.
As the result of an organisation-wide series of business improvements, which includes the implementation of several new systems as well as several organisational and departmental changes, an opportunity for a talented Project and Change professional has now arisen. The overall change project will encompass a large number of concurrently running projects and this Project Manager will be one of a core team managing these as well as their impact on the business.
Working directly with the Head of the Project Team, the role's core responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing a project strategy for the implementation of several business changes
- Assessing the current strengths and weaknesses of the business from a departmental and business-wide perspective
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation to understand and provide counsel on the impacts of changes to the business
- Providing a senior stakeholder group with regular and comprehensive updates on changes to the business
- Working alongside cross-functional teams to ensure changes are managed effectively
- Liaising with and working alongside the teams to ensure a smooth transition with all of the key stakeholders.
- Communicating the benefits of organisational and procedural change to key parts of the organisation - including change-adverse areas.
- Helping to foster a culture of change and process improvement
You will be an experienced Change-focused business Project Manager who has successfully identified, driven and implemented core business changes in the recent past.
You will have had experience within a public sector environment as well as, ideally, exposure to a heavily unionised workforce. You will be someone who can demonstrate a track record of driving actions and implementing, rather than just suggesting, significant organisational changes. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of achieving organisational change in your previous role and will ideally bring a combination of success from both the public/NFP and corporate sectors. You will be able to demonstrate a background in communicating core values and driving change in bureaucratic and often change-adverse environments. Experience within such sectors as healthcare, workplace safety or government would be preferable, but of greatest importance will be your ability to make affect a real mark on the organisation.
You will be an impeccably presented individual who is able to communicate at the most senior levels within an organisation and be driven by a genuine desire for organisational improvement.
You will ideally be educated to a tertiary level and have strong knowledge of project and change methodologies.
Interviews for this role are scheduled to take place over the next few weeks, so if this sounds like something which fits your background and experience, please do not hesitate to submit your resume.
140 William Street