Linux Systems Administrator | 6 Month Contract
$450 - 600 / day
1 November 2018
IT and technology
Robert Half is recruiting a skilled Linux Systems Administrator who has experience working in a HPC (High Performance Computing) IT infrastructure.
As a member of the ITS team you will be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration and maintenance of key components in the HPC systems infrastructure.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide reliability across the HPC Linux environment.
- Automate management services.
- Create relevant systems documentation.
- Implement improved scheduling tools (Torque, Slurm).
- Be responsible for the daily maintenance and monitoring of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and training for other IT members.
You will be an experienced Systems Administrator with a track record of working in highly complex and technical environments. The ideal candidate will have worked within an HPC environment before and would be proficient in automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
In addition, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- 4 years of IT industry experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Understanding of programming/scripting languages (Python, Bash …)
- Experience with virtualisation through VMware.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS) would be desirable.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631