IT Support Officer
$45000 - 55000 / annum
21 December 2017
IT & Technology
Our client is a leading managed service provider with offices across Australia, who are looking to grow out their Melbourne operations.
The role will be a combination of both Level 1 and 2 duties, from answering the phone and troubleshooting technical queries through to the manual installation of new hardware, to supporting clients across a number of sites. A flexible approach to the day-to-day tasks will be needed supported by strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise incoming tickets. The role itself will be a combination of customer service and technical support whereby the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as technical ability.
Day to Day functions and accountabilities include:
- Respond to incidents, problems, requests and changes from staff via telephone and e-mail
- Act as first contact for IT support
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all pertinent information
- Liaising with a variety of clients at a range of seniorities
- Collect appropriate information relating to incidents or problems from internal end users and customers
You must be highly approachable and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop effective working relationships . As well as this you must be self-motivated with ability to work independently to achieve deadlines and prioritise work and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. You must also have exceptional customer service orientation and be capable of taking direction and working co-operatively to make a positive contribution to a small team.
You will need the following;
- Previous experience in 1st and 2nd level support of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office and related back-office applications
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, DHCP/DNS and LAN/WAN are desirable characteristics
- Respect for non-technical users
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on being an approachable face for the company
- An interest or desire to continue IT studies and keep up-to-date with new technological developments relevant to the Service Desk, Desktop Applications and IT infrastructure
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please use the Apply button to submit your application.