Interim CFO - Peak Professional Body - CBD
$65 - 70 / hour
Our client is a professional representative body based in the Melbourne CBD. Due to a period of extended leave by the incumbent, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced CFO to guide this organization at the senior executive level.
Ideally, you will come from an SME background and have no problem in a more hands-on role. The finance team is tightly knit and you will have the supervision of two direct reports, however familiarity with and extensive previous exposure to executing the month end process, statutory accounts and the budgeting process will be essential in this role. You will report directly in to the board of the organization and have an overall strategic execution mandate.
* lead and coordinate the maintenance and management of the chart of accounts, subsidiary ledgers and general ledgers;
* have full ownership of the budgeting process, ensuring the timely preparation of qualitative and quantitative annual budgets, forecasts;
* capital budgets, cash flow forecasts & medium term projections for board approval;
* facilitate the preparation of periodic financial statements in accordance with accepted accounting standards & policies for external audit;
* ensure the timely lodgment of accurate financial returns with appropriate authorities;
* manage capital expenditures through proper analysis & on-time / on-budget execution;
* Adhere to all company contractual and insurance requirements together with the Company CEO;
* Perform the responsibilities of Company Secretary pertaining to a public company limited by guarantee;
* Oversee the IT infrastructure and take ownership of the IT systems.
* CA/CPA qualification (or international equivalent) essential
* Experience in an industry peak-body accounting team (desirable)
* Experience as a member of the Executive team of a not-for-profit public company (desirable)
* Understanding of financial risks & how to mitigate them
* Knowledge of crafting & executing financial policies, procedures & internal controls
* Knowledge of financial systems / conversions
* Knowledge of business planning & performance management cycles
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to apply these pragmatically
* Proven ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement
If you believe you meet most of the above requirements and would love to work for one of Australia's best employers, we would love to hear from you
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 68123LC.