Group Finance Manager - Hospitality - $100-120k - CBD
Location : Melbourne CBD
Post Date : 15 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 83927548kpd
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
The company is a reputable group of well known, high end restaurants in the CBD. If you are a foody living in Melbourne who enjoys fine dining, you definitely know some of these restaurants.
The Group Finance Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Financial Function for the group. Reporting to the parent company CFO, this role manages a small team of accountants overseeing a range of activities including compliance, regular financial reporting, budgeting, taxation, cash flow and analysis of business performance results.
You will be responsible for meeting the requirements of the business. The specific activities include:
- Ensure that the Finance team is addressing in an effective and timely manner all the aspects of Finance including Finance Administration, Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting, Asset Management and Regulation and Statutory Compliance.
- Ensure all necessary information is prepare to be able to meet the reporting requirements of government and statutory bodies including the ATO.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant associations, influencers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Work closely with internal and external teams and stakeholders (as required) to ensure effectiveness of financial and accounting programs and strategy
- Manage and develop the Finance Team and ensure the team are effectively trained to address all the accounting needs of the business.
- Additional duties as required
* The key here is experience in the hospitality/restaurant industry, or a very closely related field
* CPA/CA qualified with experience in a Senior Accounting Role
* Experience in managing a small finance team
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information at a senior management level
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Strong analytical and data numeracy skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Effective communication skills - written and visual
- Strong relationship management and supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads in a constantly changing and evolving environment
- Analytical skills including knowledge of the market, competitive landscape and future trends
- Strong knowledge of key accounting and finance principles
- Excellent software skills including expert use of Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint), and
accounting packages such as Xero, Invitbox, Keypay, Fedelta and Avero
- Interact with Internal contacts including the Marketing Team, Reservations Manager, Chefs, Restaurant Managers and other key staff.
- Interact with External contacts including the External stakeholders, ATO, Auditors, competitors and associations/related parties.
Recruiters will be immediately reviewing resumes and setting up first round interviews. If you have the experience listed above, please register your interest by clicking apply. For further information, contact Melbourne Finance & Accounting on 03-9691-3610
Reference Number: 83927548kpd
140 William Street