$50000 - 60000 / annum
Finance and Accounting
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Accountant to join a reputable organisation within the legal sector, based in Melbourne's CBD. The Graduate Accountant role will join a supportive network, working closely with the Trust Accounts Officer and Partner Accountants. Our client is a prestigious and professional organisation, they have a friendly yet corporate environment and offer excellent progression opportunities.
Reporting into the Trust Accounts Officer, the day to day duties of the Graduate Accountant will include:
- Assisting the Partner Accountants in the completion of the Partners and their associated entities accounting and tax compliance processes
- Assistance with the preparation of draft financial statement
- Reconciling externally prepared year end accounts by posting required journal entries
- Processing trust account and controlled money account transactions
- Setting up daily payments, drawing cheques & assisting with settlements
- Processing of trust journals, receipts and disbursements
- Assistance with the reconciliation of trust accounts
- Other ad hoc tasks in line with trust and accounting requirements
You will be a recent graduate with around 12 month's work experience within a professional environment. You will be corporately presented, be able to build rapport easily and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. With an excellent eye for detail, you must enjoy working in a fast paced and varied environment and be eager and willing to learn. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work hard and enjoy fantastic progression opportunities, then please don't hesitate and apply for this Graduate Accountant role today!
Interviews are taking place next week for this role. Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 36 31.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne