Fund Accountant - $70-100k - CBD
$70000 - 100000 / annum
Finance and Accounting
An international Asset Management company is seeking a Fund Accountant to join their tenured team. This company has an expertise in Real Estate/Property Development.
This company is a very successful asset management business with offices in Australia, Asia, and Europe.
This position is a newly created position to supplement the existing finance function as this company continues to grow in size if their funds under management. The team has great tenure in this marketplace.
Great office environment, open plan and flat structure of the organisation. Everyone at this company is really friendly and professional with impressive careers.
- Perform a variety of daily, monthly and periodic functions relating to account and record keeping
- Responsible for receiving and paying accounts, and getting sign offs where necessary
- Dealing with WHT and BAS, etc.
- All fund accounting
- Involvement in fund structuring: Work with the fund managers and other parties as required to provide accounting specific support
- Meetings with external fund accountants
- Input to modelling of trades (excel skills, financial understanding)
- Management of audit process (company, fund and licence)
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of Accounting system applications.
- Fund background very useful, direct AFSL experience also an asset, although not mandatory
The role would be considered hands on with plenty of growth potential.
- CA and / or CPA would be preferred but not 100% required
- At least some exposure to Fund Accounting would be ideal
- A solid background in a similar Accounting/Finance role, as well as solid business acumen, Microsoft Excel skills, communication skills, etc. would be ideal
- Local work experience in Financial Services as well as full local working rights would be ideal
If you are interest in being considered for this role, please apply to this advertisement. A shortlist will be submitted within one week.
Reference # 091285375kd