Financial Analyst, Financial Services Group, $115K pkg
$100000 - 120000 / annum
Our client is a rapidly transforming financial services enterprise renowned for providing a suite of innovative, competitive and flexible products and services.
Backed by an industry leading investor, and with core values centred upon customer excellence and product innovation, they have formed a compelling offering to the market.
Aligned with this transformation, a newly created role for a hands on and ambitious Finance Analyst to join the team.
Reporting to the Project Finance Manager, you will provide a range of financial services to the Project Manager and other project stakeholders to facilitate strategic and operational decision making and financial governance over the project.
Your broad responsibilities will include ;
Financial Management & Control
* Maintain integrity over the project financials and the reporting environment
* Key accounting entries for projects including accruals, capex entries, amortisation entries
* Maintain appropriate documentation and granularity to support audit, tax and reporting requirements
* Documenting best practice financial governance processes and policies
* Management of the financial statement close for the Project including monthly variance analysis
* Educate and guide project stakeholders on appropriate financial governance and the processes that underpin it
Planning and Forecasting:
* Work with project leads and other project personnel to identify and record changes to the financial forecasts
* Appropriately record financial implications of vendor contracts into forecasts
* Perform scenario analysis where required for decision making
* Prepare regular project reporting that is fit for purpose and meets various requirements of governance committees
* Assist in the review and messaging of project reporting
* Use project reporting to share insights where appropriate
* Ensure stakeholders are considering all end-to-end financial implications including impact of project on both the project budgets/benefits but also on organisation cash earnings
* Provide financial and business context, insight and consultation
* Manage stakeholders and their expectations and eliminate surprises
* Ensure accountability to Project plan spend
* Ensure accountability to Project benefits
* Identify and highlight risks and opportunities to the Plan and forecasts and drive accountability to mitigation strategies
* Actively look for savings within the project
CA/ CPA (or near to), you will some analysis experience within a project reporting environment. A strategic and curious thinker, you will combine strong project accounting and reporting skills with an inquisitive nature and a desire to accelerate your career.
Experience within a Financial Services or other large industry based project environment would be viewed favourably.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Cameron Eustice our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3643
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Ref Number: 952631CE