Financial Accountant - Professional Services - Immediate
06 October 2017
Our client is a well-respected accounting practice with a prominent presence right across the country. At a time when traditional accounting firms are losing ground to more progressive competitors and automation technologies, this firm is on the rise with continued growth through innovative service offerings and expertise in cloud based systems.
Acting as their internal accountant, you will be joining for a tightly knit team where you will liaise closely with the partners and other team members to add value to their in house function.
Due to a valued staff member going on maternity leave, an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and hardworking financial accountant looking to make their mark.
* Consolidations, including reconciliation of balance sheet items
* Preparation of financial statements under IFRS
* Assisting with the preparation & lodgement of the annual FBT return
* Assisting with the preparation and review of the company's cash flow forecasting and treasury function.
* Oversight of the Group's fixed asset registers
* Contributing to efficient and consistent accounting processes in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Banking
* Liaising with bankers, advisers and other external stakeholders as required
* Ensuring compliance with monthly and annual taxation requirements
* Various ad-hoc accounting duties including analysis and management accounting tasks, and special projects
* CA/CPA qualification (or international equivalent) essential
* Previous experience with a Big 4/mid-tier accounting firm or a large, complex organisation
* Experience in working in Financial Services/Treasury function will be looked upon favourably
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to apply these pragmatically
* Proven ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 98562LC.