Financial Accountant - Fashion - Immediate Start
$40 - 60 / hour
Our client is a well-known retailer of women's fashion with prominent presence right across the country. At a time when retailers continue to struggle, this Company is on the rise with continued expansion, sales growth and continued presence expansion through clever marketing.
Their national headquarters are located in a warehouse styled office in Melbourne's inner suburbs where support is provided to the national store network as well as the e-commerce sales channel. The team likes to work hard, as well as to talk, and try, all things fashion. Cultural fit will be crucial in this role.
Due to a valued staff member going on maternity leave, an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and hardworking financial accountant looking to make their mark in retail.
* Liaising with external suppliers for new store set-up
* Consolidations, including reconciliation of balance sheet items
* Preparation of financial statements under IFRS
* Ensuring all BAS's are completed & overseas VAT returns
* End to end process management for international entity including monthly management meetings with CEO
* Assisting with the preparation & lodgement of the annual FBT return
* Assisting with the preparation and review of the company's cash flow forecasting and treasury function.
* Oversight of the Group's fixed asset registers
* Contributing to efficient and consistent accounting processes in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Banking
* Liaising with bankers, advisers and other external stakeholders as required
* Ensuring compliance with monthly and annual taxation requirements
* Various ad-hoc accounting duties including analysis and management accounting tasks, and special projects
* CA/CPA qualification (or international equivalent) essential
* Previous experience with a Big 4/mid-tier accounting firm or a large, complex organisation
* Experience in working in Financial Services/Treasury function will be looked upon favourably
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to apply these pragmatically
* Proven ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement
If you believe you meet most of the above requirements and would love to work for one of Australia's best employers, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 69527LC.