Contracts Manager - $420 p.d
$420 - 420 / day
3 September 2018
Our client is a well-regarded, large public listed business with operations across Australia. Long established, they have gained a reputation for innovation, excellence of delivery and impressive financials. The company commands a unique and highly envied position in what has consistently been an exceptionally profitable field.
In no small part, their strong financials and steady growth have been driven by their maintenance of competitive, fair and valuable relationships with their contractors and suppliers. Due to a number of impending changes both inside of the business and within the wider market, they now require an experienced Contracts Manager to help them to navigate through this period.
Working alongside the Commercial Manager, the principle responsibilities of the Contracts Manager will include:
- Examining and analysing the existing contracts with a number of key partners
- Assessing risks and recommending changes to existing contracts
- Documenting all obligations from business partners and ensuring these are met
- Managing supply chain issues and contract disputes directly when required
- Using market analysis to compare the value of existing contracts
- Working with suppliers and partners to ensure that maximum ROI for the business is being achieved
- Renegotiation of outdated and uncompetitive contracts
- Preparation of documentation and regular presentation to senior stakeholders on the current and proposed contractual position
- Working with senior stakeholders to identify and action opportunities for improvements
- Ensuring the accuracy of invoices
- Working with teams both inside and outside of Accounts to foster improvements
The Contracts Manager will be a conduit between the financial, Operational and customer-centric areas of this diverse company and, as such, will be tasked with effective communication across all areas of the organisation. They will be expected to communicate directly with a diverse range of suppliers and partners to ensure their obligations to the business are being met.
You will have some experience in Contracts Management with an ability to make a quick start in a challenging role. You will have experience with negotiation and conflict resolution and be confident in presenting your findings to senior stakeholders. In addition, you will have:
- An understanding of commercial contracts in a large organisation
- Exposure to a highly diverse range of contracts
- High levels of comfort in confronting and resolving disputes with suppliers
- A keen eye for detail and peerless reporting and documentation abilities
- An understanding of billing and invoicing standards in a public business
- A analytical background with the ability to analyse and document current systems and provide recommendations
- Confidence in your ability to enter into renegotiation of contracts where necessary
- The ability to present your findings in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a fast-paced team and to stretching deadlines
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an ability to present your findings in a clear and confident manner to senior people within the business. You will be an individual who is unphased by the prospect of working with partners and vendors across a broad industry spectrum.
You will be immediately available to commence a new contract.
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the few days. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631