$60000 - 65000 / annum
23 November 2018
Finance and accounting
Our client is fast-growing company looking for your exceptional skills as an Assistant Accountant. This brilliant role is looking for a detail-orientated person with a strong background in accounting and a focus on delivering accurate and timely bank reconciliations. Based within Melbourne's CBD this position will really allow you to specialise and develop your accounting knowledge within a supportive team environment.
This intensive high-volume position will utilise your accounting experience and see you directly involved in the investigating, clearing and reporting of bank reconciliations. Let your technical skills shine as you assist in developing and implementing accounting policies and process improvements. It would be advantageous to have experience in SAP.
Duties of the role will include:
- Ensuring reconciliations are prepared, identified and followed up within agreed timescales.
- Assisting with fixed asset transactions and reconciliations.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to financial processes.
- Maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ensuring reconciliations register is up to date and reporting issues as appropriate.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field.
- Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA is a plus.
- At least two years of recent exceptional Accounting experience.
- Exceptional experience with SAP a distinct advantage but other systems will be considered.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritise tasks.
You offer a brilliant combination of technical skills and the creative flair to interpret information and offer initiatives to streamline the accounting and reporting process. You are a numbers person with the ability to flourish when completing high volume work. You are a problem solver who will have a key role in the finance department.
What's on offer?
- An opportunity to develop your experience in a highly supportive team environment.
- A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training and development.
- A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance.
- A clearly defined career path giving you the opportunity to develop specialised accounting knowledge.
Candidate screening and interviews for this position are being conducted over the following week so please do not delay your application.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631