Assistant Accountant | Financial Services
$60000 - 65000 / annum
25 September 2017
Finance and Accounting
An opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to provide support to the Financial Accountant in ensuring all statutory and taxation compliances are met. In addition, the Assistant Accountant will be required to ensure the most efficient and robust reconciliation processes are adopted.
Key responsibilities include:
* Preparation of financial statements, GST, FBT, Tax, ABS, financial planning, budgeting, board reporting and monthly Balance Sheet preparation and control (including Fixed Assets).
* Contribute to the preparation of the organisation's returns to the various statutory authorities (GST, Payroll tax, FBT, company tax returns, ABS, etc.)
* Assist the Financial Accountant, to deliver accurate and timely month/year end financial statements, supporting working papers and commentary for review.
* Be the focal point for Debtors ensuring invoices have proper documentation, issue monthly statements, aged invoices are pro-actively followed up, and required actions on aged debt are communicated to Manager on a timely basis.
* Prepare, code and process intercompany transactions.
* Accurate and timely reconciliation of CRM reporting to funds received
* Assist and support the Accounts Payable process as required.
* Manage and reconcile Intercompany transactions monthly between group entities.
* Ensure adequate standards, systems and procedures are maintained to enhance the interpretation of financial data and reports are delivered in a timely and complete manner
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
* 2-3 years in a similar role with extensive knowledge and experience in accounting procedures, compliance and reporting.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to engage and influence and demonstrate superior problem solving and analytical abilities
* A high level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail to deliver high quality output
* Excellent organisation and time management skills, and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
* Working towards professional qualifications in CA or CPA
* Financial Services industry experience would be advantageous
* JDE experience would be advantageous
* Proficient in Excel
This is a role that requires a highly capable, self-motivated person that will work co-operatively with all departments, and provide high level value add service and support.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.
Reference # 250917BWC