Assistant Accountant | Business Services
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 / annum
23 April 2019
Finance and accounting
Our client is a fast-growing Business Services Practice located in Melbourne's CBD. They provide a wide range of bookkeeping and accounting services and believe that "every number tells a story!", priding themselves on providing timely and accurate bookkeeping and treating their clients' business as their own. This role will involve dealing with mainly medium sized businesses and some include reporting to the USA, Germany and handling accounts for New Zealand companies. This role can be challenging at times but very rewarding. They focus heavily on taking the time to understand the client's business whilst regularly staying in contact and maintaining close relationships with the clients. They continually strive to help their clients understand how their business is performing and stay compliant.
Our client is looking for someone who has a "can do" approach. The role requires an excellent communicator who is organized, diligent and skilled in time management. Multi-tasking is an absolute must, along with attention to detail and analytical mindset. Depending upon your skills and aptitude, this role has no limitations and provides excellent career development.
- Updating client files using MYOB or Xero in preparation for monthly reporting work
- Bank reconciliations
- Handling accounts payable and/or receivable for some of your clients
- Month end tasks such as accruals, balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations
- BAS and PAYG calculations
- Payroll - all facets
- Collating information for client's tax
- Other adhoc requirements and reporting
- Minimum 3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Tertiary qualified
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Sound knowledge of MYOB and Xero
- Proficient in MS Office
- Well organized with sound administration skills
- Ethical, honest and reliable
- A proven attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Permanent resident or Australian citizen
Job Reference no: 06810-0010562481CF
If you are looking for an Assistant Accountant role that provides you with variety, then apply today!
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our
Melbourne office on 03 9691 3631.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631