$75,000.00 - $80,000.00 / annum
5 June 2019
Finance and accounting
An international business with an outstanding reputation and based in Melbourne CBD. State of the art offices, great benefits and flexible working are all available.
A busy, challenging and varied position which will typically involve:
* Responsible for the preparation and analysis of periodical financial and management reporting
* Participating in the development of annual budgets, which reflects business marketing plans and financial performance.
* Monitor the trade performance against budget and forecast in a timely manner.
* Participate in the preparation of annual accounts and ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP, IAS and also with the Group accounting policies.
* Prepare and submit the reports/statements to various internal and external parties as per the requirements of the trade.
* Liaise with Commercial, Operation, Agency and Cost Control staff to ensure that results reflects true and fair picture.
* Liaise with Information Technology as to the trade requirements regarding reports, modifications and enhancement to the information systems.
* Review actual cost against accruals regularly and analyze the variances in order to revise cost standards to minimize the variances for all types of Trade Cost.
* Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Liaise with other financial staff in other business units to co-ordinate financial activities in providing accurate and timely information.
* Ensure that all financial procedures relating to partnerships agreements are complied with.
* Timely and accurate trade result reporting to Head Office
We are seeking applications from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Four to five years of accounting experience, preferably in management accounting.
- Computer literate - Including Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Able to comprehend and interpret financial statements.
- High degree of analytical and numerical skills. Should have superior financial and mathematical knowledge.
- Exposure to Oracle is a bonus but not essential
- Quick availability is important (max 1 week)
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631