$75000 - 85000 / annum
2 May 2019
Finance and accounting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and hardworking Accountant to join a rapidly growing property and development, management and construction business with an excellent company culture. Our client is experiencing rapid growth with a varied portfolio spanning residential, commercial, industrial, and retail projects throughout Victoria. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the financial records of their division by accurately recording day to day financial transactions into the accounting software. This role is integral to the smooth and efficient running of the organisation's financial matters and compliance with statutory, and financial requirements.
The Accountant will work in the Property Management division and be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Assisting and undertaking bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly BAS preparation
- Preparing quarterly accounts for the division
- Dealing with investment and asset management
- Assisting the operational team with annual budgets
- Processing depreciation of assets
- Overseeing Accounts Payable function
- Raising invoices and receipting of daily income
- Assisting with audit of trusts, recoverable outgoings and owners' corporations
- Assisting with the implementation of new property management software
- Assisting with adhoc finance tasks
You will have experience in real estate or property and have a solid understanding of how property works. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, have an inquisitive and proactive approach to you work with a very strong work ethic. Ideally you will have started your CPA/CA studies and have 3-5 years experience at either a public practice or in industry. Experience with Cirrus8 is incredibly desirable. A strong degree of problem-solving skills in addition to the sound judgement when decision making is required to succeed in this role. Interviews are taking place next week so please waste no time in applying!
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 36 31.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631