Senior DevOps Engineer
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Perth
14 June 2019
IT and technology
- Contract to Permanent opportunity
- Negotiable Depending on Experience
- Central Location - close to public transport and parking
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a global market leader for an experienced DevOps engineer with solid skills and experience across both IT Infrastructure and Software Development to join them on a long term permanent opportunity. They are looking for a creative and enthusiastic DevOps engineer who is familiar with cloud technologies who has previous experience working as a 3rd level support for various systems.
As the successful Senior DevOps Engineer your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Build, deploy, manage and support web applications for cloud and various systems in the network
- Act as a 3rd level support for all escalated system issues
- Maintain environment - infrastructure and platform technologies required to deliver applications.
- Contribute as a technical resource on customer projects.
- Use deployment strategies that support Agile development processes.
- Keep abreast suitable DevOps practices and knowledge share within and across teams.
- Work with development teams to optimise application delivery and provide input towards requirements on non-functional and integration elements applications/solutions.
The be successful in the role as the DevOps Engineer you will need to have a combinations of the following skills:
- Previous experience in a DevOps role or using DevOps practices (preferably within an agile organisation).
- Experience configuring and optimising web application platforms, particularly Linux (Ubuntu and Debian)
- Strong knowledge of AWS services (CloudFormation, CodeWatch etc.)
- Experience with automation tools including Docker, Jenkins or kurbenetes
- Good understanding of SQL Server and various database systems
- Experience with PHP, Python, Powershell or another scripting language
- Experience using version control software, such as Subversion, Git would be beneficial
- Work following structured processes, such as incident and change management (ITIL desirable).
- Excellent communications skills - inter-team and customer interactions.
- AWS Certification would be highly regarded
To apply for the Senior Devops Engineer please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Learn more about our Perth recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-perth
PerthLevel 19, St Martins Tower
44 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
au 08 6430 6801