$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Perth
16 May 2019
IT and technology
Do you love the challenge of solving problems with multiple layers of complexity? If so, we'd love to hear from you. Our client is looking for your brilliant skills as a Database Administrator. If you are an efficient problem solver with highly tuned decision making skills, this may be the position for you.
This is a diverse role where no two days are ever the same. Responsibilities include installing, configuring, and maintaining all SQL Server instances across development, staging, and production environments. Harness your technical skills to ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives, and tap into your outstanding communication skills to advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues. You'll be fixing SQL Server service outages as they occur, and configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimise false alarms. Harness your problem-solving and creative skills to manage performance issues and figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- Database experience spanning at least 4 years.
- Impressive knowledge of SQL Server.
- Outstanding experience tuning queries to improve performance.
- Previous experience in production environments.
- Outstanding knowledge of building and maintaining documentation.
- Impressive understanding of storage and server hardware.
You are a fast thinker with the analytical and creative skills to solve problems quickly - even under pressure. You are committed to excellence and have a strong eye for detail. Your interpersonal skills make you a brilliant collaborator across all types of colleagues and external business partners, and your outstanding ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-IT audience makes you a valued team member.
What's on offer?
- An exciting role with opportunities to boost your skill set and progress your career.
- A rare chance to be part of the company's exciting growth journey.
- The variety of a dynamic workplace where each day brings fresh challenges and new rewards.
- Opportunities to lead special projects to improve efficiency and underpin business growth.
- A modern, energised working environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
- A company that recognises excellence and rewards initiative and innovation.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
PerthLevel 19, St Martins Tower
44 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
au 08 6430 6801