Technical Writer - Urgent Requirement
$500 - 675 / day
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
31 May 2019
Our client is a highly respected, cutting edge manufacturing organisation with operations across the globe. A market leader, their products have become renowned for their excellence in design and manufacture. As a true technology innovator, they have forged a reputation as an innovator, whose pioneering technologies are the envy of the industry. As the market leader in their field, they continue to innovate and advance at a pace like no other.
Underpinning this, is a highly motivated and engaged team exemplified by their Melbourne operation, where an urgent requirement for a talented and experienced Technical Writer to develop some technical reference and instructional documentation has now arisen.
Reporting directly into the Head of Delivery, the Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation of clear, concise and practical documentation around technical service and maintenance schedules. The role will involve collating information from several different sources as well as speaking to key stakeholders across a broad function of positions before creating consistent and functional documentation. They will have exposure to all areas of the business and will be expected to create documentation in a concise and clear manner, including instructional copy, flow charts and diagram.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Finding and interpreting existing documentation
* Defining uniform terminology and language
* Working with the engineering and delivery teams to assess the accuracy of documentation
* Evaluation of current copy and maintenance diagrams
* Creating user-friendly and comprehensive copy within the agreed timeframe
* Taking feedback from stakeholders and Editing and reviewing the training material accordingly
You will be an Experienced Technical Writer with a high level of energy who is comfortable in being 'dropped in' to a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment. You will possess experience working in a high technology or manufacturing environment specifically and be able to work to a strict timeline.
Your Experience will also include:
- Extensive technical writing skills within an engineering environment
- Familiarity with interpreting service manuals and technical documentation
- Exceptional writing and comprehension ability
- A proven ability to create and interpret technical diagrams
- Peerless written English
- Excellent communication skills
- An outstanding attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a diverse team
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place as early as this week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631