Systems & Network Engineer
$75000 - 85000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
July 6, 2018
IT and technology
Our client is a leading telecoms service provider seeking flexibility in ICT capability and service solutions. If your goal is to be part of a dynamic team enjoying a healthy work-life balance, this exciting role is for you. Be surrounding by likeminded professionals providing tailored solutions that allow clients to achieve critical outcomes, while managing risk in the consumption of technology and ICT services.
You'll be responsible for automated patching and delivering automated alerts to stave off server and/or application outages due to patching. Your technical expertise will shine through with your ability to restore console applications for legacy apps. As a strong communicator, you will play a key role documenting patching procedures including a process to review criticality of patches.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the delivery of projects
- Server and network maintenance
- Secure server operating systems by implementing and enforcing policies and monitoring access
- Software upgrades
- Provide escalated L2/3 support and participate in after hours on call support rosters (one week in eight)
- Create and maintain technical documentation
Your Skills & Experience
You must be an experienced IT Systems Engineer, an excellent communicator and passionate about delivering a high level of service to all users.
You must have experience, or an ability, in the following:
- Skype for Business
- Office 365
- Extensive experience in MS Infrastructure - Windows Server (2008/2012/2016).
- Solid Active Directory, Group Policy,.
- Impressive understanding of networking and voice (SfB, Cisco, Avaya).
You relish being part of an ambitious team, and your technical expertise is matched only by your eye for detail. You can think 'outside the square' to deliver positive, workable solutions that allow the business to forge ahead. Most importantly, despite having established an already impressive career history and credentials, you are keen to expand your horizons and build your skill set through exposure to new challenges.
What's on offer?
- The chance to solve new and stimulating challenges each day - to send your skill set soaring.
- A rare opportunity to work closely with a tight knit team of talented IT professionals and proven business leaders.
- A defined career path limited only by your dedication and talent.
- A working environment with a focus on creative problem-solving and a credo of 'being the best you can be.
Reference number: 06810-0010523945
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.