Systems Engineer | 6 Month Contract
$600 - 800 / day
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
29 October 2018
IT and technology
Robert Half is recruiting an experienced System Engineer for a 100% Australian owned and operated company based in the CBD. This business is continuously investing in its technology, its people and its process; with a strong focus on keeping their place as a market leader this company strives for excellence in every area.
Reporting directly into the Manager of IT and Operations, you will carry the responsibility of overseeing and designing various projects in the Infrastructure space. While liaising with third party providers, the system engineer will also act as an initial escalation point for the desktop support team and provide ongoing maintenance of the Infrastructure platform.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Server and network support.
- Implementation of suggested enhancements to the existing infrastructure.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, professional relationships with senior managers, the desktop support team and partners.
- Completion of assigned project work.
- Escalated cases from Desktop Support.
You will be an impressive IT specialist with proven hands on systems engineering experience designing, building and maintaining technology infrastructure. You will show strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
In addition, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Strong experience with Office 365 platform and Exchange online including DNS (MX, SPF), archiving, retention and spam prevention.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows (server and desktop) technology and related systems, including patch management, software deployment tools and security.
- Experience in DLP, web filtering, antivirus and encryption technologies.
- Strong experience implementing and supporting virtual sever infrastructure (VMware, Hyper-V 2012R2).
- 2+ years networking knowledge - CISCO.
- Public cloud technology experience - Azure or AWS preferred.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661 and ask for Joeri Ovart.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631