SQL Database Developer
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
12 April 2019
IT and technology
Technology doesn't change the world - people do and our client is looking for your outstanding skills as an Application Developer to complete a team of talented professionals who make a real difference every day. If you actively look for creative solutions to a problem, and you're passionate about developing new mobile platforms, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for to grow your career.
Reporting to the Support IT and Innovations Manager, the Database Developer assists in the migration of current legacy RDBMS data to SQL and provides ongoing support and BI reporting development.
In this highly varied role, you'll be developing and unit testing complex code for improvements and fixing defects based on detailed specifications and testing. Responsibilities also include monitoring software configuration changes to anticipate and address the impact of data reliability and user happiness issues. Undertake code reviews as required and develop and deliver communications to key partners in a highly collaborative environment.
Your Skills & Experience
- Strong development experience with SQL - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Experience in coding T-SQL, JSON
- Experience using Excel for data analysis and SQL Server Data Tools
- Strong experience and knowledge of common design patterns, development frameworks & accelerators
- Experience in creating and deploying reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience in creating and deploying ETL services using SQL Server Integration Services
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field.
- Outstanding experience of at least 6 years as an application developer.
- SQL Azure experience desired
- Experience working within Agile development teams.
You have brilliant technical skills and consider yourself an authority on platforms and how they should be built. You also have the creative flair to deliver innovative solutions and the business insights to know what will work. You are highly collaborative and a true team colleague, and your exceptional communication skills let you convey complex ideas to a non-IT colleagues.
What's on offer?
- A fast-paced work environment backed by a motivated and energised team of IT professionals.
- A company on a growth path offering extensive opportunities to grow your skill set and career potential.
- The rewards of a role where you will be challenged every single day
- A workplace where work-life balance is actively promoted.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631