Senior Project Manager |NFP Sector |
$140,000.00 - $180,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
20 May 2019
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and is a leader in its field. This organisation has remained innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience. Employing c.2000 people and investing heavily in transforming its structure, people, process and systems this is an exciting place to work; this is also a company which lives and breathes its values and consistently delivers the highest quality of care.
This project management role is crucial for the organisation. This individual will oversee and direct all project activities related to the upcoming royal commission in to the proper care of people with a disability. The role will require working with the ELT and board to ensure that the organisation is fully compliant with all legislation and is prepared for changes that may come. The position also requires that you work with key individuals to ensure customer service, safeguarding, quality, advocacy services are all in a robust state, and to assist the organisation in implementing the correct frameworks and governance models to see the project through to completion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Guiding the ELT & the board, alongside government bodies, & ensuring that all parties are engaging effectively.
- Having oversite of legal requirements made by DHHS and how to ensure legislative compliance and maintain close government and executive stakeholders.
- Working to ensure compliance with new legislative standards, overseeing a discovery and review process before driving the necessary changes.
- Being prepared for recommendations from external parties and then driving those recommendations in the business.
This is a very important appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to be the best in its field. You should have experience in a senior project management role and be well versed in helping organisations deliver projects necessitated by legislative compliance. You will be a person familiar with directing steering committees and working with executive stakeholders within a mid-large sized organisation and have strong working relationships with government entities.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Managing large and complex projects that are designed to ensure that an entire organisation is in line with legislative change.
- Working with government bodies to ensure complex compliance standards are understood and met on an organizational level.
- Managing discovery and review processes, orchestrating organisational change and driving effective response to new needs and requirements.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
It is likely that you will have a background in either: disability care, mental health, age care, health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, indigenous affairs or a correlating sector; but it is more important that you have experience managing large and complex projects ensuring that organisations meet quality and legislative standards.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, you may also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-0010916308BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631