Senior Management Accountant
$100000 - 100000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
11 April 2019
Finance and accounting
Here is an exciting opportunity to fast-track your career as a Senior Management Accountant. Our client is a well-known organisation with a strong reputation for innovation and excellence, hoping to build on an already impressive team. We are looking for someone who is commercially minded and has a keen focus on delivering insightful initiatives to help drive the businesses continued success.
As the Senior Management Accountant, you will be a key supporting role for the Finance Manager and be responsible for month end finalisation and preparation of financial information related to business performance including emerging trends and forecasts. The Senior Management Accountant requires a commercially focused mindset and a ability to analysis and commentate on different price points that the business offers services at
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial reports
- Assist with management budgets
- Perform costing and analysis
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assessing material outstanding debtor balances and working with the AR team to recover these debts.
- BAS preparation and ensure compliance with GST legislation
- Develop and maintain clear understanding of internal business systems and their integration with the finance system including existing written integration scripts
- Responsible for preparation of monthly cash flow reports to ensure adequate working capital and maximization of investments
- Assist with contract and compliance requirements
- Assist with financial education and training of non-financial stakeholders
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of Financial Statements
Your Skills & Experience
You have 5+ years' experience in an accounting role with experience in both financial and management accounting, including pricing analysis and providing recommendations. You have a commercial mindset and impressive technical skills with a clear knowledge of financial processes within an ERP system to ensure prompt, accurate and outstanding reporting in an ever-changing environment.
Working with Children & National Police Clearance (if appointed)
CPA or CA qualified
At least 5 years of relevant experience:
- end of month completion
- financial analysis and reporting
- stakeholder engagement and productive relationships
- cost accounting
- cash flow and investments management
- good knowledge of GST legislation
- involvement in finance and/or systems implementation
- Advanced Excel skills including understanding of macros
- Knowledge of SAP B1
- Effective communication with both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively, plan for and unfailingly meet reporting deadlines.
What's on offer?
- An impressive opportunity to develop your skill set and experience.
- Convenient location
- Salary Packaging
- Yoga, Pilates and Mindfulness
- On-site Gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Friendly, supportive environment
Reference No: 06810-0010905446TC
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3631.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631