Senior Financial Accountant
$40.00 - $50.00 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
11 September 2019
This SME business is well known for their home wares and kitchen appliances. They primarily operate in Australia; however, they also have an international presence across the Asia pacific region. Recently the business has seen expansion, and requirs a finance professional to oversea the finances of the individual retail stores. The head office is located walking distance from a popular central station, they also provide onsite parking for employees.
The office is newly refurbished, with stand up desks and a break room/lounge. Employee wellness is highly important to this conglomerate, they regularly engage in fitness challenges for charity. They even offer employees additional annual leave for charity/not for profit volunteering as part of their wellness package. Ideally this role will be long term/permanent as the newly created position is likely to become a key part of the business finance function.
Much of this position will relate to core accounting skills, however the nature of this position will rely heavily on inventory and cash management. A variety of core skills is required for the role including:
- Inventory and Cash flow management across several locations
- Maintaining overall accuracy of the accounting system, including the general ledger
- Preparation of financial statements at period end (such as a month, quarter, half-year, annual) financial statements include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement and notes to the account.
- Preparation of other external returns and statutory returns.
- Posting non-transactional accounting journals to the ledgers and accounting systems such as provisions for depreciation, tax, other accruals and contingencies.
- Reconciling between individual ledgers (fixed assets, stock, debtors, sales, purchases etc) and the general ledger.
- Conducting and formulating budgets, management reports.
- Maintaining technical understanding by keeping up to date with technical releases and best practice guidance from relevant institutes.
Candidates who have experience in retail or FMCG will have a strong chance of securing the role. Although this role will focus heavily on inventory the cultural fit of the organization will be a deciding factor. The ideal profile could come from anywhere.
You will be a qualified CA/CPA financial accountant who is keen to gain new experiences in a large and complex environment. Great communication and excel skills will give the right candidate a huge advantage.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Allard Austin in our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3631.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631