Senior Financial Accountant
$50 - 60 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
1 May 2019
Our client is an established and organically growing technology business close to the CBD. Due to this growth and as part of the company's long-term strategy, they are looking to hire an experienced and driven senior financial accountant.
This company has been focusing throughout the years on establishing a great company culture, offering their staff flexible working hours and the ability to work from home when feasible. This is truly one of Melbourne's best employers.
Reporting directly into the VP Finance, this role offers an interesting mix of day to day accounting responsibilities and working on specific projects.
The role will focus on following areas:
- Preparing of Group Financial Statements
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial reports
- Ensuring monthly reports, annual accounts and the board reports are accurate in a prepared in a timely fashion
- Overseeing tax compliance including Corporate Tax, FBT and GST Returns
- Statutory Reporting
- Liaising with external auditors
- Ad-hoc projects focused on improving existing processes and tidying up
This role will start as a contract for the first three months and offers the opportunity to become permanent after that.
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field
- CA or CPA Post-Grad qualification
- Excellent experience in overall general accounting spanning at least 5 years post-qual
- Extensive Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Big 4 or public practice trained is preferred, but not crucial
- Candidate must be available within 2 weeks
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691 3666.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631