Senior Financial Accountant
$40 - 50 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
7 December 2018
Finance and accounting
Here is an exciting opportunity on a short-term contract for a Senior Accountant. Our client is a well-known firm with a strong reputation for innovation and excellence. This role offers brilliant potential to utilise your skills set within a process improvement role. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the firm's continued success.
In this dynamic workplace, you will enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities including financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis and budgets.
A heavy focus of this role will be to review current operations, identify opportunities for process improvement and make policy and procedure amendments. Let your organisational ability shine as you participate in reviewing current operations and identify opportunities for change.
Your excellent time management ability is critical as you prepare monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) as well as consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet analysis for management reporting. Tap into your impressive knowledge of compliance requirements as you ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field.
- Additional certification such as CPA or CA preferred.
- Excellent experience in overall general accounting spanning at least 3-5 years, ideally with Big 4 experience.
- Brilliant skills with Oracle 11i or higher, or other ERP system experience.
- Extensive Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus.
- Uncommon ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Impressive understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
Your technical skills are outstanding and you have the business know-how to provide insightful analysis on financial results (trends, performance, metrics and benchmarks). Your special multi-tasking skills allow you to work across a range of diverse areas including coordinating quarterly reviews with external auditors. You have the leadership skills to motivate and mentor your team, and the confidence to collaborate with business leaders. Put your creative flair to work as you look beyond the numbers to offer innovative suggestions to further improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process and support business growth.
What's on offer?
- An impressive opportunity to develop your skill set and experience.
- The camaraderie and support of a talented and energised team.
- Participation in a diverse array of ongoing special projects.
- A clear career path backed by an excellent program of professional development and mentoring.
- A workplace where initiative and innovation are rewarded and work-life balance is actively promoted.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631