Senior Financial Accountant | $100-110k | Inner Suburbs
$90000 - 100000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
08 November 2017
Finance and Accounting
Our client is an established and successful retail business that has recently been through an M&A process and is looking to employ a Senior Accountant who will act as 2IC to the Finance Manager. With a national presence and growing footprint, the organisation seeks candidates that will adapt well to growth and is familiar with change.
The Senior Accountant will be an essential part of the finance team and the wider business as an important link between senior stakeholders. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the sound financial management and provision of timely and accurate financial reports for the business. Duties will include;
- Manage and drive the month-end process; managing the general ledger, review and reconcile monthly balance sheet
- Maintain Profit & Loss
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Prepare monthly BAS, FBT and payroll tax
- Supervise junior team members - review and ensure accuracy of work completed
- Assist with ERP implementation
- Make improvements to team processes
- Manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist preperation of budgets & forecasts
- Liaise with external auditors
- Ad-hoc tasks where required
It will be important for the Senior Accountant to work autonomously whilst improving the efficiency of the team.
Ideally CA/CPA qualified, you will be an accountant with a minimum of 5 years experience in finance roles and experience in people management/supervision. Experience in the retail or hospitality sectors would be beneficial but not essential. What is important is the desire to work in a changing environment with the opportunity to grow and make tangible changes in a business that is expanding.
Click to apply now or for more information, please call 03 9691 3631 and quote the reference number 10170138SEG