Senior Application Support Officer
$80.00 - $90.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
17 May 2019
IT and technology
Do you have exceptional technical skills and a passion for troubleshooting? If that sounds like you, our client is looking for an Application Support specialist. You'll be part of a rapidly growing company that offers a positive work environment where no two days are the same. As part of a focused IT team, you'll be solving range of issues across a diverse customer base. This exciting role lets you be part of a respected company that actively promotes work-life balance while offering every opportunity for you to broaden your skill set and put your career in the fast lane.
As an experienced Application Support expert, you'll enjoy a customer facing position that allows you to showcase your exceptional communication and customer service skills. You'll find yourself troubleshooting in-house applications, third party applications, data mining, report building, writing and working with complex queries, database management, indexing, and potentially promoting a software fix. Each day brings new challenges, so you certainly won't fall into a rut, and you'll be rewarded by being able to take pride in your work and be personally responsible for keeping operations running smoothly.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree with strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and various Databases (SQL Server and Oracle).
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills.
- Ability to write and understand SQL Queries.
- Experience maintaining Windows servers (VMWare)
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- A genuine passion for customer service and the confidence to remain positive and calm under pressure.
You have a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), which allows you to interact with developers, analysts and project managers. Your technical skills are exceptional and you're able to analyse and solve issues reported by customers. You relish a challenge and the chance to unravel problems with a cool clear head. You're a people person who understands the value of actively building strong customer relationships. Your excellent communication skills mean you can skip the tech talk and convey complex ideas to customers who don't have a strong IT background.
What's on offer?
- Endless opportunities for career development. As you excel in your role as an Application Support specialist, you can grow in to Project Management, Business Analysis and beyond.
- Continuing professional education and development through exposure to a wide variety of technical challenges.
- The support of a high calibre team who have IT in their hearts.
- Opportunities to extend your creative flair to solve challenges that vary on a day to day basis.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631