$45 - 50 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
August 20, 2018
Our client is an extremely well renowned brand who has been operating in Australia for over 60 years. They concentrate on creating a brand that is well known in all family households. More recently this organisation has been working towards rapid growth of the business and expansion of product ranges/product mix to improve market share.
Due to such growth, the Financial Controller, FP&A Manager and CFO have decided that they require some assistance in project works surrounding the business. Initially these projects will be surrounding year-end and working through their compliance and regulatory requirements however, will develop into more projects listed below.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and the FP&A manager, but also working closely with the CFO, you have extensive exposure to experienced managers and mentors.
- Preparing Financial Statements and consolidated Statutory Accounts
- Liaising with external auditors, lawyers and financial consultants
- Assisting in the monthly accounts
- Providing commentary and analysis of reports for Board reporting
- Investigating reconciliation issues and;
- Improving the processes behind them
- Partnering with key business stakeholders - GMs and Regional Managers
- Understanding intercompany relationships and transactions
- Supporting projects surrounding due diligence, implementations (technical, process and system), modelling and improvements of organisational efficiencies.
This role will originally commence as a 3-6 month contract however, based on the growth of the business there may be opportunities to side-step within the business units.
You will be a CPA/CA Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant with 5 - 10 years' experience in a commercial accounting and/or private practice position. You will be able to provide initiative and intuitive thinking surrounding business process improvement and efficiency to decrease process time and increase reliability of data. FMCG or retail experience will be HIGHLY regarded for this role.
This position will suit an immediately available candidate who wants the opportunity to add value in the short term and attain professional development in the long run. Immediately available or close to candidates will be most relevant for this opportunity.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Punselie in our Melbourne office on 9691 3666.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne