Project Support Officer| NFP Sector| 12 Month FT
$65000 - 85000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
September 9, 2018
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and leader in its field. The business offers disability support services to thousands of people in Victoria. This organisation has aspired to remain innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience.
The business is about to significantly increase its scale of services. This will involve a major business transformation with a focus on workforce transition, systems and process implementation, service delivery reorientation and cultural alignment. The changes will occur over the next 12 months. The next few years will focus on delivering a high quality customer experience while leveraging the increased economies of scale to deliver the organisation's mission in a sustainable manner.
In the project support officer role, you will be providing vital assistance to a small projects team. You will be working in a complex and fast paced environment and must be highly organised and efficient to be successful in the role. You will offer administrative and project support to the lead project manager and to the project director; you will assistant in creating documentation and manage a complex network of relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the project manager to ensure administration, documentation and project coordination activities are delivered.
- Supporting the projects team in an organized and efficient manner as the business goes through a major transformation.
- Organize meetings and events, transcribe project interviews, report back project progress to key stakeholders.
- Assist in managing a detailed project plan and monitoring project deliverables.
- Establish strong relationships throughout the business and with external parties to drive successful business outcomes.
This is a vital support role to a fun, fast paced and dynamic project team, working for a business going through major growth and transformation. You will be a highly organized and efficient, high energy person, with good attention to detail. You will need, great written and verbal communication skills, the ability to build rapport with a wide range of people. You should be able to anticipate the needs of your team and the business.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all:
- Experience in a project admin or project coordinator function.
- Time spent assisting a project team during a period of growth and transformation.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to organize a complex network of people, and ensure administration is up to date.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of challenges.
Experience in a Human Services or and NGO/NFP is going to be preferential, but most importantly you must be hard working, dedicated, and able to demonstrate a strong moral code of conduct whilst focusing on delivering business outcomes.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the apply button now and/or call 03 9691 3661.