Project Manager - Workforce & Payroll Implementation
$700 - 800 / day
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
August 2, 2018
Our client is a recognised public sector organisation who have been enhancing and protecting the safety and security of Victorian citizens for decades. They have a staff made up of volunteers and professionals and provide critical services to the community. A long established entity, they are in the process of selecting and then implementing a new Payroll and Workforce Management system. As part of this transformation, an opportunity has arisen for a consultant to help drive this process through vendor selection, implementation and beyond.
Reporting directly into the Programme Director, the Project Manager will have responsibilities which include:
- Identifying and planning the specific Workforce needs of the organisation
- Driving, alongside the HR Director and the Finance Team, the vendor selection process based on these needs
- Evaluating the change impacts of the new system from every perspective
- Preparing a detailed project plan to ensure adoption is maximised
- Developing scenarios for both full and part time employees
- Playing a key role in the tender evaluation process with appropriate vendors
- Managing, alongside the selected vendor, the implementation across the organisation
- Working with the vendor to configure the new system to the specific needs of the organisation
- Developing test scripts and user acceptance testing
- Organising and running training activities on the new system
- Updating and advising the Project sponsors on the progress of the implementation and advising them of any issues as well as proposing solutions
- Creation of training documents, plans and standard procedures for future users
- Providing timely and regular reporting to the leadership team on the progress of the adoption
- Running workshops and troubleshooting scenarios.
- Regular travel to regional offices in order to ensure adoption is achieved in a cohesive and timely manner.
- Managing communication and ensuring the change is seen as an enabler to the business
You will be a Project Manager with a high degree of credibility and experience within the Workforce Management and Payroll arena. You will have a demonstrable track record of working during a similar implementation and have a keen knowledge of the most important stage gates of such a project. In addition, you will:
- Possess strong knowledge of the leading workforce management and payroll systems in the market
- Be able to demonstrate experience of moving an organisation on to such a system.
- Have an empathetic manner and be an individual with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Possess a high degree of IT proficiency and comfort in helping to configure new systems
- You will have a passion for driving change and communicating the benefits of a new system
- You will be a professional and enthusiastic individual with an ability to get people on board
- You will be an enormously reliable team member with a proven track record of going the extra mile when required.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a real passion for the benefits which such an implementation can bring. Experience within the not-for-profit sector would be preferable, but of greatest importance will be your ability to make affect a real mark on the organisation.
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the next two weeks. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne