Project Manager | Retail Company | Port Melbourne|
$110000 - 120000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
06 October 2017
IT & Technology
Robert Half is recruiting for an international retail organization and one of the most recognizable brands in their field. In just 10 years they have gained a reputation for innovation in product range and business practices and they continue to dominate the Australian marketplace. Their unprecedented growth over the last few years has been fueled by their constant investment in technology and its people.
They have established a culture that encourages innovation and values the contribution of their staff. The company supports personal and professional development while working towards operational excellence for their retail business across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will carry the responsibility of overseeing and delivering a variety of technology project roll outs. Together with the project team, consisting of business analysts and test analysts, they will realize business initiatives by delivering specific application focused projects within the agreed scope, cost, and time.
The work environment is highly dynamic and flexible and will require an individual who is comfortable with a fast-paced, high project turnover environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple projects and their lifecycle from initiation through to delivery
- Engaging with varying stakeholders and business units to ensure estimations, budgets, and time expectancies are agreed
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of processes throughout the whole IT project delivery
- Provide strong engagement with external Vendors and the Off-shore development teams while ensuring the successful delivery of the project
- Provide regular status reports and project updates in line with PMO and business stakeholder requirements
The successful candidate will come from a strong project management background coupled with end to end project knowledge, preferably in a retail environment.
This role will require great interpersonal skills, in order to manage stakeholder expectations and influence vendors - but it will also require a good head for application based projects. As a project manager you will take initiative, have a 'can do' attitude, and thrive within a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
In addition, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- High quality problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively adjust plans and schedules
- Experience in contributing to best practice initiatives for the PMO
- Fundamental understanding across an array of project management principles, methodologies & best practice (e.g. PMBOK, SCRUM)
- Exposure to software based projects in the retail sector or similar environment
- Familiar with POS, Application and digital projects
- Strong ability to work autonomously with limited support and work end to end in delivering the project
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place as early as this week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661 and ask for Joeri Ovart.
Job Reference No: