Project Manager| NFP Sector| 12 Month FT
$100000 - 130000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
September 9, 2018
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and leader in its field. The business offers disability support services to thousands of people in Victoria. This organisation has aspired to remain innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience.
The business is about to significantly increase its scale of services. This will involve a major business transformation with a focus on workforce transition, systems and process implementation, service delivery reorientation and cultural alignment. The changes will occur over the next 12 months. The next few years will focus on delivering a high quality customer experience while leveraging the increased economies of scale to deliver the organisation's mission in a sustainable manner.
In the project manager role, you will be key to driving an organisation wide transformation. Partnering closely with the project director, and working within a small projects team you will work to deliver a large and complex program of work which will see you manage a diverse set of stakeholders.
Challenges of the role include working in a fast and efficient manner in fast paced and growing NFP, being a key linchpin between external and internal groups, and partnering with the project director to deliver a complex program of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the project director to ensure the program of work is effectively delivered.
- Create a detailed project plan and monitor and manage project deliverables and project budget.
- Establish strong relationships throughout the business and with external parties to drive successful business outcomes.
- Create and maintain an appropriate amount of project documentation.
- Communicate and inspire project vision with all stakeholders.
This is a key appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to lead the market in the short and long term. You will be supporting the project director and be a key driver of necessary business outcomes. There are certain competencies and experiences that are necessary to succeeding in the role; a high EQ, great written and verbal communication skills, the ability to build rapport with executives and operational people alike will also be key.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all:
- A strong demonstrable knowledge of project methodologies, frameworks and project governance.
- Experience planning and project-managing a large and complex business transformation project in a mid-large environment, preferably in the workforce-intensive human services sector.
- Experience managing multiple work streams - workforce, technology, strategy, finance.
- Experience delivering and driving change management across an entire organization.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the project and organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of challenges.
Experience in a Human Services or and NGO/NFP is going to be preferential, but most importantly you must be hard working, dedicated, and able to demonstrate a strong moral code of conduct alongside a strong commercial acumen.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the apply button now and/or call 03 9691 3661.