Portfolio Coordinator | Higher Education | Inner Suburbs
$85000 - 95000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
IT & Technology
Our client commands an enviable and unique presence in the higher education sector. Recognising the huge importance of technology and its pivotal role in driving efficiency and customer experience, our client is constantly adapting to meet changing market conditions.
Their PMO team has been tasked with overseeing several projects whose success are viewed as critical to the organisation. A highly globally respected institute with an inclination towards the innovative, they are now looking to expand their Project team with the introduction of a talented Portfolio coordinator.
This is a business that truly values its people and has built a culture based on trust, fairness, collaboration and hard work. They look for people who are passionate about what they do, and who enjoy working towards common goals.
Reporting into the Portfolio Manager, the Portfolio Coordinator will carry responsibility for ensuring the effective management of numerous and varied initiatives at various stages in the project lifecycle.
You will carry the responsibility of overseeing different project roll outs and to plan and prioritise various technology and business initiatives. As an experienced project professional, you will work collaboratively across multiple business areas and develop a proactive network to ensure the project deliverables are implemented.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the management of project schedules and that any issues are foreseen and remedied
- Spend time understanding the requirements, scope and cost of individual projects and programs within the portfolio
- Developing proper project documentation and alerting business teams to the progress against key deliverables
- Facilitate project initiation, goal setting, timeline management, communication plans, project tracking and milestones.
- Manage small projects as part of the portfolio
- Comprehensively understanding the organisation's political landscape
- Assist the Portfolio manager in planning and scheduling the portfolio plan
You will be an experienced Portfolio Scheduler or Project Manager who is comfortable working across numerous project streams and within in a rapidly changing, innovative and high activity environment.
You will be highly experienced in formal project methodology and be able to effectively adopt several projects at different stages in their lifespan. You will be someone with a high degree of formal documentation skills, but you will also be an exceptionally strong verbal communicator, who can influence and inspire those both inside and outside of your own team about the projects.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661 and ask for Joeri Ovart.
Job Reference No: