$90000 - 110000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
September 10, 2018
IT and technology
This is a great opportunity to work with one of Australia's leading internet providers with multiple offices nationally. Located in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, this company is a market leader in providing world class network infrastructure.
You will be joining the Network Architecture team within the 100+ staff organisation and fulfil a role focused on the design and deployment of network improvements. You will be a confident communicator, presenting technical solutions to customers and a strong ability to work collaboratively.
You will have strong capabilities when it comes to architecting, building and maintaining complex networks. Your role will also include both the maintenance and management of existing networks and the design and implementation of the new.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop network and technology strategies
- Design and implement detailed designs, network automation and orchestration capabilities
- Develop proof of concept designs
- Liaison with network vendors
- Develop project plans and provide procurement support
You will have extensive experience as a Senior Network Engineer, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
You will have had previous experience working in the telecommunicators industry, ideally with a service provider, and have experience deploying large campus or national scale networks
You will also have a strong understanding and hands on experience with the following:
- Software-defined networking
- Working in an Agile or Scrum framework
- Unix/Linux based systems
- MPLS, IP, Ethernet, DWDM
In addition, you must have:
- Knowledge of technical and design considerations of network infrastructure
- A positive and motivated 'hands on' attitude
- A passion to develop and grow on a personal level
- Cisco or Juniper certifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Well-developed time and task management skills
- The ability to prioritize business-critical tasks.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.