$85000 - 90000 / annum
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
17 May 2019
Finance and accounting
We are currently working on a very exciting role for a management accountant with a client of ours that operates within the transport and infrastructure industry. Our client is based in Melbourne's northern suburbs and are an organisation constantly looking at new ideas and areas in which they can improve.
Reporting in to the finance manager, the company's management accountant will be responsible for providing support to the Group Risk Manager and the Finance team for a variety of projects and tasks in Finance, Budgeting, Management of Risk and Insurance.
You will have various key duties and responsibilities in this role including:
- Preparation of the Capital Budget
- Preparation of the Operating Budget
- Preparation of the Schedule to support Insurance Policy negotiations
- Preparation of various reports associated with Capital expenditure, Repairs & Maintenance and Hire
- End to end processing of the daily XML file as received from Insurers
- Liaise with Business Units and Brokers to prepare insurance information as required for annual insurance renewals
- Assist Group Risk Manager with preparation of Annual Insurance Budget Documentation
- Provide support in maintaining the Risk Register and Business Continuity Plans
- Ensure communication flow and information links between colleagues and management
- Ensure quality and people management policies and practices
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement by challenging existing ways of doing business and investigating new opportunities for improvement.
- Actively seek out opportunities to reduce carbon foot print through energy savings strategies
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CA or CPA qualification
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a financial/management accountant with some exposure to transport, infrastructure or manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP
- Effective communication with both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively, plan for and unfailingly meet reporting deadlines.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3631.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Reference No.: 06810-0010948533 TC
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631