$70000 - 90000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
15 July 2019
IT and technology
The business is a well-established industry leader in the Research world with a strong reputation globally for performing highly influential research studies. Located in the Inner Northern suburbs, the organisation prides itself on their people, seen as the leaders in their field. The people are passionate about what they do, and contribute to a fun, busy, and hardworking company culture that rewards integrity, energy and passion.
The IT Trainer will take the ownership of training new and existing staff members. This role will bridge the gap between research computing services and researchers, providing support and guidance to researchers in system orientation and best practice.
This business suits people with initiative and a good work ethic, who want to take ownership over a role and to make it their own. You will be working in an environment going through a lot of change and transformation and your role will also involve building strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver training material to ensure researchers are empowered to take advantage of both in house and external technologies.
- Develop relationships and synergies with both in house and precinct entities who are also providing training.
- Establish and maintain both user facing and internal documentation to support the use and management of research computing services.
- Actively engage in the Research Computing communication activities such as contributing to web site content, drafting email communications, engaging in chat/forum support, etc.
- Identify areas requiring user training and support senior staff or team members with user training activities such as assessing suitability of new training courses
You have the ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with team members and stakeholders while demonstrating an ability to develop clear, accurate and useful system and user documentation and to be able to interact with and provide advice to users. You have experience supporting users and a demonstrable commitment to service quality and customer satisfaction
You're Self-directed and opportunistic with demonstrated independence and effective time management to meet deadlines while having outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You have demonstrated experience in user training and training development in an IT setting.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.
Job Reference No: 06810-0011061939FH
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631