IT Systems Administrator
$85000 - 100000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
IT & Technology
Our client leads the way in their field - as a national retailer which has seen impressive growth and success in Australia over the past couple of years they are an expanding organisation with over 30 branches. This has created a fast paced environment where team members must evolve and work in tandem with the commercial goals of the overall business.
As the Systems and Network Administrator you will be one of the most technical individuals within the business. You will be a key driver in the technological development of the business which demands a broad IT skill set and specialised knowledge of systems engineering; you will undertake technical projects and lead initiatives across the business, whilst maintaining the core infrastructure and developing the technical capabilities to improve business procedures.
The right person for this position will enjoy being kept on their toes with: high level technical resolution, (as escalated by the 2nd & 3rd level support team) design, solution & implementation project based work.
Day-Day functions and upcoming technical challenges include:
- Support and operate key IT functional areas, including the network infrastructure, server, storage and desktop infrastructure
- Work in conjunction with the business to implement IT initiatives
- Administer IT systems to ensure the stable operation of the organisations infrastructure
- Ensure proper system documentation and user procedures to guide other technical staff
- Develop training material and provide training to staff
- Support analysis and resolution of system and/or business process issues
- Maintain housekeeping routines to maximise performance
You will have well developed Systems knowledge with a hands-on approach to maintaining, developing and implementing IT hardware and software . The ability to comprehensively review the IT systems in place and to install new infrastructures is essential. You must always set a professional standard in terms of behaviours and appearance.
You must have experience in some, if not all, of the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- General network management experience (DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc).
- Windows systems administration (Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory / Group Policy
- Exposure to MS Windows Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- RedHat (Linux)
A sound ability to quickly identify, troubleshoot and diagnose errors and resolve these logically in a short time frame.
You must also have:
- A positive and motivated 'hands-on' attitude.
- Strong technical proficiency in all areas of IT infrastructure.
- A passion to develop and grow on a personal level.
- Be autonomous in your problem solving approach.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your next step in your IT support career then click on the apply button now