Head of Quality || Market Leading NFP
$120000 - 140000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
5 June 2019
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation undergrowing massive growth and transformation. This organisation has remained innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience. Employing c.2000 people and investing heavily in transforming its structure, people, process and systems this is an exciting place to work; this is also a company which lives and breathes its values and consistently delivers the highest quality of care.
The Head of Quality will report into the Group Quality Manager and have play a crucial role in designing and implementing quality standards. There is a strategic component to the role, there is also a focus on converting strategy into operational deliverables and measuring the effectiveness of new standards. This Head of Quality will also manage a team of quality business partners and take ownership of continuous improvement strategy. The role will mean taking every available opportunity to drive initiatives that enhance quality and customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving an organization wide uplift of quality standards and clinical governance from good to great.
- Implementing multiple continuous improvement initiatives which improve customer experience.
- Implementing robust standards around clinical effectiveness, risk management and statutory reporting.
- Ensure the business is ready for any external audits or reviews, establish best practices & minimize risk.
- Lead and manage a team of experienced quality business partners and work closely with people at both an operational and executive level.
This is a crucial appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to be the best in its field. Necessary competencies include experience designing and implementing quality, safeguarding and clinical governance frameworks. Plus, experience driving continuous improvement initiatives and working in a dynamic, high-change environment.
Soft skills necessary to succeed in the role include high EQ, good influencing skills, the ability to lead and inspire, pragmatism and the ability to cope with rapidly changing needs and circumstances. You will also need to demonstrate an adaptable communication style and be comfortable influencing operational and executive level stakeholders.
Your experience and knowledge should include most, if not all:
- Assessment, design and implementation of quality, safeguarding and clinical governance frameworks.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of complex challenges.
- Ownership over the delivery of a business wide initiatives around quality, clinical governance and continuous improvement.
- Experience driving process improvements and enhancing customer experience by heightening quality standards.
- Experience leading people and managing teams, plus coaching and developing within a matrix structure.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
It is likely that you will have a background in either: disability care, mental health, age care, health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, indigenous affairs or a correlating sector.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, you may also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-0010909816BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631